Here are some helpful, useful and fun tips for Healthy Heart month that you can incorporate into your everyday life:
• Park in a spot that is not so close to your destination.
• Sit on a stability ball at work or at home.
• Take a few minutes each day to stretch – just a few minutes will help you feel revived and more alert.
• Plan a workout date with a friend so that you stay committed and are accounted for the workout session
And of course, there’s no better gift you can give your heart than exercise, so here’s a way to ramp up the cardio component of your Total Gym workout.
Total Gym workout for a healthy heart:
Perform 3 exercises combining cardio and strength on and off of your Total Gym:
1. Level 8, deep squats 10-20 reps, then add jump squats 10-20 reps
2. Level 5-8, pull-ups 10-20 reps, get off Total Gym for plié jumps on floor 10-20 reps
3. Level 3-5, pull over crunch -10-20 reps then add arm circle 10-20 reps. Get off the Total Gym for jump lunges 10 – 20 reps on floor
Hope these little tips and short workout help!
Maria Sollon Scally MS, CSCS holds a Masters Degree in Performance Enhancement/ Injury Prevention and Kinesiology. She has obtained numerous certifications in various areas of fitness and is a national fitness conference presenter. Maria specializes in Pilates, Performance Coaching, and Corrective Exercise Techniques. She is a Master Trainer for Total Gym, Resist-a-Ball, Body Blade, and MVe Peak Pilates. Maria teaches traditional and progressive fitness classes throughout Southeast Florida. She has also added her own brand of classes suited for her more advanced training clients. Maria is also active in free lance writing for Fitness accredited magazines. www.groovysweat.com